Golf: OU women 11th
The University of Oklahoma women’s golf team tied for 11th place with SMU in its spring season opener at the Central District Invitational in Parrish, Fla. The Sooners shot a final-round 310 Tuesday at the 6,099-yard, par-72 River Wilderness Golf and Country Club. Host Michigan State won the tournament with a three-round score of 892.
“We definitely did not perform how we wanted or to our expectations, but we had some high moments,” OU head coach Carol Ludvigson said. “This included Kendall (Dye) finishing in the top 20.”
Junior Kendall Dye tied for 18th place with a three-round score of 229 (+13), her ninth career top-20 finish. Her final-round 74 (+2) equaled the Sooners’ low round of the tournament.
Senior Heather Wright carded a final-round 79 (+7) to finish in a tie for 28th place at 232 (+16), and senior Kelly Jacques finished with a 79 as well to tie for 41st with a score of 236 (+20).
Freshman Ellen Mueller fired a 78 in the final round to finish in a 50th-place tie at 239 (+23), while sophomore Chelsey Collins tied for 64th after posting a three-round score of 245 (+29).
OU’s final-round 310 was its low score of the tournament. The Sooners’ total score of 935 ranked ahead of Northwestern, Baylor and Kansas State.
“We struggled putting here, but it was good practice for Puerto Rico,” Ludvigson said. “The team is very disappointed, but plan on using this as fuel to fire them up going into the next tournament. We usually play well in Puerto Rico and look forward to posting some low scores.”
Oklahoma returns to action next week at the Lady Puerto Rico Classic, Feb. 24-26 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24384Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14430Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10043UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8936Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 7944Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7183Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6372Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6313Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6107Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 5639OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients