OU on five star QB’s radar
By Ray Martin
There is a new Vince Young in Texas, and he has OU on his radar.
Quarterback Russell Shepard, a five star quarterback (according to Rivals.com) from Cypress Ridge High School in Houston, Texas, is expected to visit OU later this year on an official recruiting visit.
Cypress Ridge coach Gary Thiebaud said more than a dozen Division I programs, including Southern California, have offered Shepard scholarships.
Thiebaud said Shepard is thought of as a Vince Young style quarterback in Texas, where he rushed for more than 1800 yards and 38 touchdowns in his last two seasons. He averaged 8.7 yards per carry as a junior.
Shepard took a recruiting visit to Louisiana State last weekend with teammate Hasan Lipscombs. OU is one of Lipscombs choices according to Rivals, but Thiebaud said he was unsure if Lipscombs is interested.
Lipscombs, a New Orleans native, was forced to move to Houston after Hurricane Katina. Thiebaud said Lipscombs grew up as an LSU fan, and that LSU recently offered him a scholarship.
Stay tuned to NewsOK for more on Lipscombs and Shepard.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients