Men’s hoops links
By Scott Wright
So, Sooner basketball fans, would you like to play Arkansas again? That’s who Joe Lunardi has the Sooners facing in his latest edition of Bracketology. Of course, the NCAA prefers to avoid regular-season rematches in the first two rounds of the Tournament. Lunardi has the Sooners as a No. 8 seed, facing the Hogs in Raleigh, N.C., which lately has been a popular place to send OU by the bracketologists. Jerry Palm has OU as a No. 7 seed in Raleigh, facing Villanova. In both brackets, OU is paired up with North Carolina as a potential second-round opponent.
Still no word on whether Nebraska point guard Cookie Miller will play against Oklahoma Wednesday night. Something should be known later today, according to this story from the Lincoln Journal Star, when the 5-foot-7 point guard undergoes an MRI.
Colorado coach Jeff Bzdelik took a shot at OU coach Jeff Capel last week, referencing Capel’s comment that OU’s loss at Colorado was “the most embarrasing thing I’ve been a part of.” Check it out.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3313George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3240Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3193Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients