Men’s hoops: Johnson’s back still hurting
By Scott Wright
OU point guard Austin Johnson is still dealing with quite a bit of back pain, and it seems to be getting worse, the junior said Monday.
Johnson said he expects to meet with OU team physician, Dr. Brock Schnebel, this afternoon to determine if he needs to change medications. He said they do not believe the injury will require surgery.
Johnson suffered a herniated disc in his lower back during a summer workout, which forced him to miss the team’s exhibition trip to Canada in September.
In other injury news, junior forward Taylor Griffin had a heating pad on his right shoulder before the team practiced Monday. Griffin was taking part in all portions of practice that were open to the media.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4093As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3907Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3578OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients