Men’s hoops: Recruiting update
By Scott Wright
Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel continues to search for either a point guard or scorer to fill Keith Clark’s vacant scholarship, and a few names seem to be falling off the list of potential recruits.
Georgia wing Travis Leslie recently gave Rivals.com his top five schools and Oklahoma was not among them. Though the Sooners seemed to be intrigued by Leslie’s athletic ability, the word on the 6-foot-6 Atlanta product is that his basketball skills are unpolished. Capel doesn’t really need to spend time waiting for a prospect to develop. He’d be better off waiting to see if Clark got his grades in order at Rose State and bringing him back instead.
Another name that has circulated on Internet message boards is Humble, Texas, point guard Garland Judkins. He’s a 6-foot-4, 200-pound slasher who the Sooners have had their eye on for a while.
But Judkins said Monday night that the Sooners haven’t been recruiting him all that heavily.
“OU is a place I wanted to go, and still would, but they haven’t been recruiting me that much,” Judkins said. “I”m mostly looking at Miami, Texas A&M and UTEP.”
Judkins’ coach, Carlos Wilson, said he hasn’t had any contact with the OU coaches recently, so it doesn’t look like Judkins is going to get an offer unless something else falls through.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16150OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14605Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10995Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9399Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9121'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8921Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7695Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7584Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7477Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7078Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients