Tennis: Next up for OU – Tulsa.
The No. 47 Oklahoma Sooners men’s tennis team returns to the court Thursday, Feb. 28 following a 10-day layoff. The Sooners travel up Interstate-44 to face in-state rival Tulsa (9-2) on Thursday at 5 p.m. at the Michael D. Case Tennis Center.
“Tulsa is an extremely talented team and this match will be the most challenging match that we have played this year,” head coach Paul Lockwood said.
The Sooners come into the match with two singles players ranked, Andrei Daescu (5-1) at No. 34 and Sergey Avdeyev (2-3) at No. 96.
In addition the duo of Federico Chavarria and Daescu are ranked No. 40 in doubles play. The rankings are administered by the ITA.
“I am very excited to see where we are as a team against Tulsa because of their talent. I believe we are ready to compete at a very high level and tomorrow will show us where we are as a team,” Lockwood continued.
Last season, the Golden Hurricane downed the Sooners 5-2 in Norman on April 3.
Next, the Sooners host Oral Roberts and East Central on Sunday, March 2, for the first home matches of the 2008 season at the Headington Family Tennis Center.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients