Women’s hoops: Stevenson out for A&M game
Reserve forward/guard Nyeshia Stevenson will miss Thursday night’s contest versus Texas A&M due to a knee injury.
The injury to her right knee is believed to be a partial ACL tear but X-rays could not confirm the diagnosis. Stevenson’s status will be reevaluated Friday following the results of an MRI.
The Little Rock, Ark., native was the Sooners’ key reserve, averaging 7.3 points and shooting 34 percent from 3-point range. Stevenson was OU’s leading off-the-bench scorer in 20 of her 26 games as a non-starter.
Stevenson injured the knee in practice Wednesday in Norman, Okla., when another player stepped on her right leg during a rebounding drill.
Stevenson did not participate in the team’s Thursday morning shootaround at Reed Arena.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2336Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 2282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients