Women’s hoops: Paris sisters All-Academic
Oklahoma juniors Ashley Paris and Courtney Paris were named to the Academic All-Big 12 Women’s Basketball Team, announced by the conference Wednesday.
Ashley Paris was a first team member for the second year and Courtney Paris was named to the second team, her first appearance on the academic team. They were among 37 women’s basketball players from the conference to make the squad.
To qualify student-athletes must maintain a 3.00 GPA or higher either cumulative or the two previous semesters and must have participated in 60 percent of her team’s scheduled contests. Freshmen and transfers are not eligible in their first year of academic residence. Senior student-athletes who have participated for a minimum of two years and meet all the criteria except percent of participation are also eligible.
OU junior Carolyn Winchester met the academic criteria, but did not meet the participation rule after breaking her foot in January.
The 2008 Phillips 66 Big 12 Women’s Basketball Championship returns to Kansas City’s Municipal Auditorium on March 11-13 & 15 for the eighth time in conference history. Kansas City hosted the first six women’s postseason events from 1997-2002, in addition to the 2005 championship.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8829How to help tornado victims
- 8583Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7041Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients