Men’s hoops: Sooner ‘dogs
By Scott Wright
OU is a 4 1/2 point underdog today against Texas. Not bad, considering they’ve lost to the Horns twice by an average of 13 1/2 points.
Maybe the bookmakers feel the Sooners are playing well, though they must have missed the disaster that was OU’s 54-49 win over Colorado Friday. Still, the Longhorns haven’t been terribly impressive lately, so the Sooners should feel like they’ve got a good chance.
In bracketology news, OU is still holding strong as a No. 7 seed. ESPN’s Joe Lunardi has them as a 7 going to Birmingham, where they’re paired up with Miami, then the No. 2 seed Georgetown.
CollegeHoops.net, the Sporting News and Yahoo! have the Sooners at a 7, while Fox Sports, Sports Illustrated and Bracketography have OU at an 8 seed.
Jerry Palm has the Sooners at 7 against South Alabama, though not everyone else is as high on South Alabama. But Palm has OU going to Raleigh and paired with the No. 2 seed Duke. That’s not desirable on many levels.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3313George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3240Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3193Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients