Men’s hoops recruiting update
By Scott Wright
This would be the irony of ironies.
Terrell Holloway lists Oklahoma as one of eight potential schools the 6-foot point guard is considering, according to Rivals.com.
Now for the ironic part.
Holloway signed in November. With Indiana. He was recently allowed out of his letter of intent after the school got rid of their coach, Kelvin Sampson.
A little info on Holloway: He’s not real big. Some list him at 5-foot-11 and about 175 pounds. Rivals ranks him as the No. 20 point guard in the nation and the NO. 100 player overall in the 2008 signing class.
The other schools he is considering include Indiana, as well as Kentucky, Marquette, Ohio State, St. John’s, Virginia and USC.
OU is still after Oregon City, Ore., combo guard Brad Tinsley, who ranks just ahead of Holloway in Rivals’ national rankings. Wesley Witherspoon, the 6-foot-8 wing from Lilburn, Ga., likely won’t be visiting Norman, but his mother says that doesn’t mean OU is out of contention.
And the Sooners are still chasing College of Southern Idaho swingman Juan Pattillo, who has narrowed his choices to OU, OSU and South Florida, though many recruiting experts seem to think OSU is the leader.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17340Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17005OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13213Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11218Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9481Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7832Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7484Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7070Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6266Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients