Track: OU women ranked 18th
The University of Oklahoma women’s outdoor track & field team has attained its highest national ranking in the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Association (USTFCCCA) rankings at No. 18. The OU men round out the men’s top 25 at No. 25, led by triple jumper Shardae Boutte, the nation’s top-ranked male in the event. In all, Oklahoma athletes account for nine individual top-10 national rankings.
The USTFCCCA Division I indoor track and field rankings are compiled solely from NCAA descending order lists.
The Oklahoma women are led by seniors Jessica Eldridge and Toni Smith as both rank No. 4 in their respective events, Eldridge in the 1,500-meter run and Smith in the triple jump. Eldridge recorded a time of 4:19.06 at last weekend’s Stanford Invitational while Smith leapt 43 feet and five inches (13.23 meters) at the Texas Relays. Smith also contributes to Oklahoma’s team ranking twice as the nation’s 19th-ranked long jumper (19-11.50/6.08).
The women’s 4×400-meter relay is seventh nationally in the event with a time of 3:37.22. Latoya Greaves (100-meter hurdles) and Amy Backel (javelin) are both ranked eighth nationally in their respective events. Both Greaves and Backel’s marks are OU program records with Greaves running 13.19 at the Texas Relays and Backel throwing 166-8 (50.80) at the Bobby Lane Invitational on March 29.
Scottesha Miller is 21st in the 100-meter dash (11.58), Leslie Cole is 27th in the 400-meter dash (54.35) and Catherine Odell is 28th in the 1,500-meter run (4:26.87) to round out the OU women contributing to the team ranking.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients