OU to use only 5 DEs
By Jake Trotter
Redshirt freshman Frank Alexander knows how tight the competition for defensive end is. As many as seven players are competing for playing time at OU’s two defensive end spots. And defensive ends coach Chris Wilson has said that he will only play five defensive ends next season.
Auston English, John Williams and Jeremy Beal, who all have starting experience, all figure to play next season.
That leaves Alexander, Pryce Macon, Alan Davis and incoming freshman R.J. Washington all vying for the last two spots.
“Coach Wilson told us he’s only taking five defensive ends,” Alexander said. “That motivates you with all that competition. You have to grind it out.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 98297Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16555OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13177Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8674Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8399Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8073How to help tornado victims
- 7770Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6639Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6423Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients