Davis in a boot
By Jake Trotter
OU hoops guard Cade Davis is currently wearing a boot due to a stress fracture in his foot.
But Davis should be fine in time.
And the injury hasn’t kept him from working on his shooting, even against the advice of coach Jeff Capel.
Recently, Capel saw Davis shooting in the gym despite the injury.
Capel asked Davis to check with the doctors to see if that was OK.
The training staff said Davis shouldn’t be running around shooting, but that he could work on his free throws.
During Monday’s Tip In dinner/end-of-year banquet, Davis relayed this news to Capel at the podium after receiving the most improved player award.
Davis, however, also said that he didn’t need to work on free throws.
Capel jokingly agreed.
Davis made 23 of 23 free throws last season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7475Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6996Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6363UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients