By Jake Trotter
Here’s what Peter King of Sports Illustrated had to write about OU wide receiver Malcolm Kelly. Not real positive…
“I think it’s been a long time since a player opened his mouth and cost himself so much money in the draft. That’s what is going to happen to Oklahoma wideout Malcolm Kelly if he doesn’t find some way to temper his remarks about running a bad time because his university handed him a different track to run his 40-yard dash on than the one he wanted to run on. I’ve never met Kelly, so I don’t want to say, “What an idiot.” But I am tempted. Here’s the biggest point I’d make: Surfaces in the NFL vary from practice facility to practice facility. Obviously it’s important that a wideout run on a fast track. But wherever a prospect runs, the scouts are going to take into account if the surface is slower than the surface the other receivers used. Kelly comes off as a whiner, and if I were Buffalo coach Dick Jauron or Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis — whose teams are eyeing receivers in the first round and have shown significant interest in Kelly — I’d steer clear.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5527Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5132Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4758Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients