Baseball: 3 players named Academic All-Big 12
The OU baseball team had three of its players named to the 2008 Academic All-Big 12 teams on May 15. Senior Jarod Freeman led the way with first team honors and senior Drew Roberts and sophomore Aaron Baker received their first such accolade and were named to the second team.
Oklahoma has had at least two honorees on the academic all-conference team since 1993.
Nominated by each institution’s director of student-athlete support services and the media relations offices, the baseball academic all-league team consisted of 46 first team members combined with 16 on the second team. First team members consist of those who have maintained a 3.20 or better GPA, and the second team are those who have a 3.00 to 3.19 GPA.
To qualify student-athletes must maintain a 3.00 GPA or higher either cumulative or the two previous semesters. All players nominated must have participated in 60 percent of their team’s scheduled contests, while pitchers are required to have at least one inning pitched per game played by the team or have appeared in 20 percent of their team’s total games. Freshmen and transfers are not eligible in their first year of academic residence. Senior student-athletes who have participated for a minimum of two years and meet all the criteria except percent of participation are also eligible.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients