Mocs raking in the dough
For those who are wondering, Tennessee-Chattanooga will be making $375,000 guaranteed from Oklahoma plus a travel expense of $100,000 for playing in Norman on Saturday, athletic director Joe Castiglione said Tuesday.
While that may seem like a lot, $475k is actually just a little above the norm for playing Football Championship Subdivision schools.
The Sooners got locked into playing TC when Middle Tennessee backed out of a verbal agreement to play in Norman. MT got a better deal from Mississippi State, which agreed to play a home and home.
By Jake Trotter
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients