Bradford to Kelly, part II?
In ESPN’s latest mock draft, draft guru Todd McShay projects Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford will go to the Washington Redskins with the fourth overall pick.
That could produce a reunion for a pair of former Sooners.
Bradford’s first go-to college wideout, Malcolm Kelly, is currently with the Redskins.
After a knee injury sidelined him for most of his rookie season, Kelly came back this year with a decent season. He was fourth on the team with 25 catches for 347 yards.
But like most everyone else playing offense for Washington, Kelly’s numbers suffered from the team’s lack of offensive success under coach Jim Zorn.
A new era, however, appears underway in Washington: offensive mastermind Mike Shanahan apparently is on track to be the Redskins’ next coach.
Shanahan’s first order of business will probably be landing the franchise’s QB of the future, which no longer appears to be Jason Campbell.
Similar to what he did in Denver drafting Jay Cutler, Shanahan could go after Bradford with that fourth pick.
For Bradford, that would be a terrific scenario. While Washington struggled last season, the Redskins have some offensive pieces with RB Clinton Portis, TEs Chris Cooley and Fred Davis, and WRs Kelly, Devin Thomas, Antwaan Randle El and Santana Moss.
That’s not the most explosive offensive skill-set in the NFL. But it’s better than the Rams , which will have the No. 1 pick and may flirt with taking a QB in that slot.
But Washington would be a much better situation for Bradford. Throw in that he’ll have a former receiver there, and it only makes the setting that much more ideal.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17563Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 12597Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11162Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 11130Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10457'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 9977Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7105Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6521Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 5953New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 5821Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients