Is Oklahoma re-recruiting Sam Bradford?
Today, Mayor Mick Cornett declared Jan. 13 “Sam Bradford Day” in Oklahoma City.
This should be called “Sam Bradford Week” because that’s all anyone is thinking about this week, including me.
Will he turn pro?
Truthfully, I can’t say.
But the buzz (and who knows if this is what’s actually happening) at last night’s basketball game was interesting.
Here’s what a few people said they thought was going on:
Bradford, who according to CBS Sports was projected out as a Top 20 pick by the NFL Draft Advisory Committee, was leaning toward going pro coming out of the weekend.
But there’s been a strong push from some of his teammates to talk him into staying. And he’s considering it, which would explain why he’s taking this long to announce his decision.
Tight end Jermaine Gresham, who many believed was a lock to go to the NFL, could be talked into saying, too, but only if Bradford stays. Not sure if the same applies to tackle Trent Williams, who is also mulling over whether to leave with his parents who live in Longview, Texas.
Bob Stoops’ comments in Nashville seem to support this tale. Stoops said he had a feeling about which way Bradford was leaning, but acted like he wasn’t sure.
On the other hand, another interesting element of this whole saga is the fact OU doesn’t seem to be recruiting any QBs at the moment.
Why is that interesting?
Because if Bradford were to leave, OU would have just two scholarship QBs — Landry Jones and incoming freshman Drew Allen — heading into the final two weeks leading up to signing day. If they thought Bradford was leaving, wouldn’t the Sooner coaches be scurrying like crazy (much like they did last year finding another LB, Mike Balogun, after it seemed there was a possibility Curtis Lofton was leaving early) to snag a third QB?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6946Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6921Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5498Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients