Bobby Jack a candidate at UTSA?
After getting approval from the University of Texas board of regents last month to establish a football program, the University of Texas-San Antonio began searching for a head coach over the weekend.
Among the possible candidates mentioned by the San Antonio Express-News was Oklahoma defensive backs coach and assistant defensive coordinator Bobby Jack Wright.
When asked if he would apply, Wright told the Express-News, “Off the top of my head, I would say no.”
But Wright, 58, didn’t rule out interviewing for the position, either.
“If somebody wanted to talk to me about it, I certainly would talk to them,” Wright said. “I’ve learned that you never say never. I would never close the door to anybody.”
By Jake Trotter
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3313George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3240Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3193Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients