Word out of Norman is that two reserves will not be with the Sooner football team in 2009.
Backup guard Kody Cooke and backup linebacker Lamont Robinson are not expected to be with the team next season and have told the coaching staff they will be looking to transfer to other schools.
Cooke, out of Enid, was a high school teammate of Austin Box.
Robinson, out of New Jersey, played sporadically over the last couple of years. Last season, he saw his most playing time in the second half against Texas after Ryan Reynolds suffered a season-ending knee injury.
Robinson nearly had the play of the game when it appeared he picked off Colt McCoy in the end zone. But the ball popped out when Robinson crashed to the ground, and officials ruled the pass incomplete.
Texas kicked a field goal on the next play to secure its first lead of the day and would eventually go on to win, 45-35.
By Jake Trotter
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients