Sooners seek new/old vibe
By John Helsley
Jeff Capel admitted Monday that his Sooners have misplaced their mojo.
Not exactly major news for anyone who’s seen them struggle in recent weeks, yet still a somewhat revealing admittance by the OU coach.
The question becomes, of course, can the Sooners recreate the magic that had them 25-1 and rolling to the nation’s No. 1 ranking before Blake Griffin took an accidental blow to the head and missed six quarters of two losses that seemed to allow doubt to seep into some minds?
The feeling Sunday, as the Big Dance card was revealed, was that a clean slate could cure OU’s ills. Dancing has a way of putting some music in the soul. While not exactly the same, look what a fresh start did for Baylor in the Big 12 Tournament.
There’s a freedom the Tournament brings, not to mention a sense that you’re on the doorstep of all you’ve been working toward. The Big 12 battles are behind. New teams and new challenges and new perspectives come into play.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients