It was the first football practice following spring break, but both the OU men’s and women’s hoops teams making the Sweet 16 was a hot topic for the football coaches and players.
“I wish we weren’t practicing or I’d try and go to some games,” coach Bob Stoops said Wednesday. “I just want to wish them the best of luck. Coach Coale and her staff and all her ladies and of course Jeff and the basketball team and their whole staff – they’re both real proud and they’ve played great. They really look like they’re playing at a great level right now which is great to see. I just wish them the best of luck. I’ll be rooting for them.”
Stoops said he’s grown fond of watching how Capel manages his team and conducts himself during games.
“He’s the best,” Stoops said. “I watch him and his team always plays hard and I think he manages the game well and I don’t know anything about it but he seems to call timeouts at the right times. I see him in some frustrating calls and he makes his point and moves on. You can tell he doesn’t belabor it or let it affect his team, his emotions and the way he may feel about it.”
After that, the topic of conversation veered toward who would outfit a starting five comprised of OU football players.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3565Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3534How to help tornado victims
- 3145Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients