Austin American-Statesman beat writer Suzanne Halliburton snapped a picture of the wall with her cell phone that shows the Texas Longhorns claiming 2008 (with an asterisk) among their Big 12 championships.
Last season, OU edged out Texas and Texas Tech for the South title in a three-way tie determined by the BCS Standings, despite a fervent protest from Texas coach Mack Brown and Longhorn fans.
The Sooners went on to beat Missouri to win their third-consecutive Big 12 championship.
Apparently, that victory is still not being acknowledged in Austin.
By Jake Trotter
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18441Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17118OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13848Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11264Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9500Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7869Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7538Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7363Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6380Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients