Mocking the NFL — 2010
By John Helsley
You want ‘em, and yes, you know you do, so you’re getting them: more NFL mock drafts, not even a week removed from this year’s player grabfest, with the first mocks for 2010 already flowing out.
As if we didn’t already know, 2010′s NFL Draft is going to be one to monitor very closely, Sooner fans. Your boys are all over it.
At foxsports.com, Peter Schrager’s early exercise projects OU defensive tackle Gerald McCoy as the No. 1 pick , once again going to the lowly Lions. Right behind McCoy, Sam Bradford goes at No. 2 to the Rams.
And the rest of the first round is dotted with Sooners.
Offensive tackle Trent Williams at No. 6, to the Raiders, which would seem all too sensible for Al Davis to pull off.
Tight end Jermaine Gresham at No. 10 to the Packers.
Over at SI.com, Andrew Perloff has more fun, plotting trades in his first round, which leads to Bradford going off the board first, although still to the Rams, who move up from the fourth spot in a deal with the Lions (yes, they’re still going to be really bad, they just don’t need a QB and plenty of teams that do could come calling for a shot at Sammy B.)
Perloff has McCoy going No. 3 to the Buccaneers, Williams going 10th to the Packers, Gresham going 24th to the Titans and running back DeMarco Murray going No. 32 to the Chargers, his pick to win it all.
Yeah, it’s early. Way early.
But it’s fun.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 371Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 366Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 314OKC Thunder: Thunder stuck with worst-case scenario
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients