Caleb, Tennell primed for breakout seasons
Brandon Caleb and Adron Tennell are connected by their many commonalities.
Both are wide receivers.
Both were high-profile, 4-star recruits coming out of high school.
Both have battled serious, season-ending injuries.
Both have yet to live up to expectations.
But this season, both Caleb and Tennell will have ample opportunity to produce.
OU’s elder talent at wide receiver has kept Caleb and Tennell on the sidelines as Malcolm Kelly, Juaquin Iglesias and Manny Johnson have enjoyed the majority of the snaps the last three seasons.
Now, with those players gone to the NFL, Tennell and Caleb find themselves being counted on to fulfill major roles.
Said Tennell, “It’s been a while waiting to get on the field. Me and Brandon every time, we know what to do — go out there and ‘eat,’ which means go out there and make plays every time on the field.”
Said Caleb, “Everybody that comes in here wants to play immediately and sometimes there are setbacks. As far as waiting, you have to be patient and realize when you’re presented with an opportunity. I feel like we can come on and make the plays that show the coaches that we’re reliable. You have to know whenever you get the opportunity, you have to make something happen. That’s what we’re hoping to do.”
Other than Ryan Broyles, the Sooners have little experience at receiver. Running back Mossis Madu will see some time in the slot. Jameel Owens and Dejuan Miller are promising, but still young. Junior-college transfer Cameron Kenney, who won’t arrive on campus until June, will need time to learn the system.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7978Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients