Special teams depth chart updated: Stevens the starter at kicker
Jimmy Stevens will enter the fall as Oklahoma’s starter at place-kicker, according to OU’s updated depth chart, which included special teams listings, released Wednesday.
The 5-foot-6, 159-pound product of Heritage Hall High School, however, could have a battle waiting for him in the fall from Norman North walk-on Bryce Easley, who is arriving on campus this summer. Junior-college wide receiver Cameron Kenney (a former soccer player who kicked in high school and at Garden City Community College) and punter Tress Way will also get their shots at the job as well.
Speaking of punter, Way is listed as the starter there, which is no surprise. Way struggled some in the spring game, but has a big leg. Again, Kenney and Easley could press here, if Way’s struggles continue into the fall.
Junior cornerback Dom Franks and sophomore receiver Ryan Broyles are listed as the team’s punt and kick returners.
Broyles averaged 9.9 yards a punt return and scored a TD at Kansas State last season, but wasn’t part of the kick return team. Franks handled only six punt returns and didn’t return a kick last year, but showed his playmaking potential with a pair of defensive TDs (a pick against Nebraska, and a fumble return at Texas A&M).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7475Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6996Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6363UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients