Bell earns Elite status
Sooner QB recruit Blake Bell, the Wichita standout, can add another level of accomplishment to his stud status.
Elite 11 quarterback.
Bell is among 12 quarterbacks picked to participate at the EA Sports Elite 11 camp.
As for the math, 12 QBs/Elite 11, it must require some newfangled calculator. Or the 11 stands for something beyond the number of players in the mix.
But the consensus is that Bell belongs.
Here’s the take of ESPN’s Tom Luginbill on Bell:
“Bell’s physical measurables (6-foot-5, 212 pounds) and upside are enormous. He did not have a great regional workout, but his tape does not lie. He’s been a starter at quarterback for only one season — he was an All-State wide receiver prior to that as a sophomore — but there are lots to work with here.”
Bell will be among some premier QBs at the camp, working alongside, among other touted signal callers, Nick Montana, Joe’s son.
The experience should be invaluable, not only as a checkpoint to measure himself with the nation’s best, but the instruction there is outstanding.
– By John Helsley
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15916Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 15914Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11583Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11309'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10923Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10033OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7498Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6996Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6944Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6781Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients