Thoughts from Big 12 Media Days
The Sooners weren’t on the scene today in Dallas, but three of their future opponents (Nebraska, OSU, Texas A&M) were.
The OU contingent of Sam Bradford, Bob Stoops, Gerald McCoy and Jermaine Gresham will be arriving at the Westin hotel Tuesday morning.
But first, here are some quick thoughts from the opening session of Big 12 Media Days.
* Nebraska may have all the history, but Oklahoma State was the main attraction today. Zac Robinson was the biggest star, and seems to have grown very comfortable dealing with being the main event. Dez Bryant was supposed to be here, but was subbed late for tackle Russell Okung, who some believe will be a top-5 pick in next year’s draft. Bryant apparently was finishing up some summer classwork in Stillwater. This is a make-or-break year for OSU, because they lose a lot of talent after this season (Robinson, Okung, Dez) and the schedule may never work out as perfectly as does for them (8 home games) this year.
* After today, I can’t decide if A&M is going to be better than people think, or worse. On the one hand, they have QB Jerrod Johnson, a nice pair of sophomore receivers in Jeff Fuller and Ryan Tannehill, and a big-time freshman running back in Christine Michael. It’s really a decent, young nucleus. On the other hand, who is A&M going to beat? Probably Iowa State at home. Maybe Baylor at home? Possibly K-State on the road? Even if they win all three of those games, they still probably finish at best 5th in the South, and possibly last depending on what Baylor does. This is a big year for A&M. They don’t need to shock the world. But if the team finishes 4-8, 2-6 Big 12 again, the future doesn’t look so bright.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15918Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8813OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5669Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5503OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4833Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3560Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3491Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3466As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients