G. McCoy gone after this season?
Gerald McCoy didn’t exactly come out and say that he would enter the NFL Draft after this year. But Oklahoma’s junior defensive tackle sure talked Tuesday during Big 12 Media Days in Dallas like 2009 was going to be his final season.
Said McCoy, “I want to graduate. I want my degree. I will graduate in May. Wherever I decide to train at, I’ll have three hours left. I’ll take my capstone online. Then, I’ll be done.”
When pressed about whether he was saying 2009 would be his final season at OU, McCoy responded, “Yeah, if I can graduate.” Then with a smirk, “I don’t know, we’ll see.”
This should come as no surprise. The Sooners will be in rebuilding/reloading mode in 2010, and McCoy is a lock to be a first-round draft pick, possibly a top-5 selection, in next year’s draft. By attaining his degree, McCoy would have little incentive for coming back to OU for a fifth year (remember, McCoy redshirted as a freshman)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients