The Boz, Switzer Top 40 villains
Pat Forde of ESPN.com released college football’s Top 40 villains of all-time.
Hitting the board for the Sooners were linebacker Brian Bosworth and coach Barry Switzer.
Wrote Forde of the Boz: “Fast and furious linebacker took flamboyance to obnoxious levels, epitomizing the out-of-control nature of Oklahoma football in the mid-to-late 1980s. Wore multicolored Mohawk for a while. Missed 1987 Orange Bowl after positive test for steroids (the event that put him on the bad list with Oklahoma backers). Oklahoma State bookstore once sold T-shirts that read, “Will Rogers never met Bosworth.” Was famously run over by Bo Jackson on his way to becoming a bust in the NFL, which earned him the sympathy of virtually no one.”
Wrote Forde of Switzer: “Cocky winner who stuck it to Tom Osborne and Darrell Royal, among many others, while rebuilding dynasty in Norman. Scored points in gushes with trademark wishbone offense, bragging of “hanging half a hundred” on the scoreboard. Ran a loose program that seemed to get progressively looser until it imploded in the late 1980s after a series of arrests and other embarrassments. Lucked into flush Cowboys job in 1990s and rode team’s overwhelming talent to Super Bowl title.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients