Practice report (8-20-09)
“He was just jumping up for a ball and came down funny,” coach Bob Stoops said Thursday. “We’re worried about his knee. We’ll see what the doctors say. I can’t detail it here today without them having a chance to thoroughly look at it.”
Doesn’t sound good, but maybe Wort, who was vying to be on the 2-deep depth chart, will be OK. If not, count on Austin Box going back to middle linebacker to add depth to the position, something the Sooners have struggled to maintain having been ravaged by injuries there the last two seasons.
But in Box, OU should be fine. Box started 4 games there last year, and proved capable of playing the position. He may have to go back and forth though between weak side, where he’s been playing, and the middle. One more injury, though, pending the outcome of Balogun’s bout with the NCAA, and linebacker depth could become an issue again for the Sooners.
Other news from practice:
* Running back DeMarco Murray said he feels 100 percent and is basically back at practice. Murray won’t be participating in any contact drills, but that’s just a precaution. The coaches are doing the same thing with Chris Brown.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17844Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15135Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11465Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11153'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10637Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8906OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8210Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6899Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6524Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6213Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients