Practice report (8-21-09)
With Wort out, and Balogun’s status in limbo, this is how I see the LB depth chart heading into the Sept. 5 opener with BYU:
* Eligibility currently being questioned by the NCAA
Other notes from practice:
* D-coordinator Brent Venables said there’s no way that Brandon Crow moves back to LB from fullback. Crow is currently working behind Matt Clapp on the depth chart there. Said Venables: “He’s doing a good job over there.”
* Venables also explained why JR Bryant has played so little this fall.
“He’s still working his way back. He didn’t come back at a point we would have liked him to be at. So he’s still trying to work his way back.”
* Venables has been really pleased with his young DBs.
“We feel like we have a identified a couple of young guys, which has been talked about, in Marcus Trice and Demontre Hurst. They will both play and play in significant situations. They’re very instinctual and good football players. And they are not physically overwhelmed. So, those two guys are helping us with some depth and Marcus can play the nickel and be a safety as well. He can do a number of different things.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 8973Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8697Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7832Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients