Tomorrow night, the Ft. Myers Miracle, a Class A-Advanced minor league affiliate of the Twins in Ft. Myers, Fla., will be hosting a very special evening filled with gimmicks.
In honor of the Saint Down South and the approaching college football season, Wednesday night will be WWTTD, or “What Would Tim Tebow Do?” night.
I would like to shake the hand of the mastermind behind all the different promotions filling the evening.
- A local resident also named Tim Tebow will attempt to walk on some water. (No word on whether he’s filed paperwork for a name change in the past three years.)
- A Southwest Florida faith healer will be on hand to cure all illness or batting slumps.
- Promise rings will be handed out to all fans in attendance.
- The Miracle manager will make most of his in-game decisions with the thought process of, “What Would Tim Tebow Do?”
- The first pitch will be a jump pass.
- Tebow’s now-engraved speech titled “The Promise” will be played over the PA system numerous times throughout the night.
- Miracle gameday staff will resolve any problems by simply asking “What Would Tim Tebow Do?”
- Since Tim Tebow is perfect, (their words, not mine) the Miracle will be, too. If the Miracle commit an error on Wednesday, every fan in attendance receives a free ticket to the game on Sunday.
Gatorade will also be discounted (of course) and anyone wearing college gear can register for a chance to win tickets to the Florida-Arkansas game in Gainesville.
So again, I say…”Your move, RedHawks.”
Of course, Sam Bradford doesn’t have anywhere near the pop culture canon Tebow does, but I’m sure they could come up with plenty of good stuff.
What promotions would you like to see for “Sam Bradford Night” at Bricktown Ballpark?