Practice report (8-26-09)
Stoops was not available for post-practice interviews today, but wide receivers coach Jay Norvell was. Norvell said he expects Jaz Reynolds to play this season.
“I see Jaz playing if he continues to perform the way he’s practiced,” Norvell said. “He can stretch the field; he’s a very smart kid, which has allowed him to improve quickly.”
* Dejuan Miller continues to play well. He has especially impressed with his ability to make catches deep.
* Trent Ratterree came to the interview room for the time I can remember. Ratterree, a walk-on, said it’s been a dream come true making it onto the field for the Sooners. Ratterree is currently the No. 3 tight end behind Jermaine Gresham and Brody Eldridge, assuming Eldridge ever makes it back to tight from the offensive line.
* Dejuan Miller said Ryan Broyles is the fastest receiver on the team, running better than a 4.4. He also said Jaz runs a 4.44 and is scary fast for true freshman. Jaz also boasts a 40-inch vertical jump. Miller pointed out Reynolds’ upside is unreal because of his athleticism.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 6186Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5739Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5547Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients