Storms delay game
A thunderstorm is approaching Owen Field.
And now we know how a game against a bad opponent can get even worse.
Halftime has just been extended 20 minutes to see what happens, and a lighting bolt just knocked out about half of the lights at Owen Field. A check of weather reports on the internet indicate that a storm with heavy rain, possible hail and winds to 50 mph is approaching Norman. Worse, the storm is moving at a whopping 5 mph.
That means it could get here and drench Owen Field.
What is already a difficult game to watch could get even worse.
Here’s a bet: the teams won’t come out of the locker rooms again. This game will be called and Oklahoma declared the winner. No one benefits by this game continuing.
- Jenni Carlson
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3630Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3502How to help tornado victims
- 3466Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients