BYU’s Clawson sorry Bradford got hurt
Coleby Clawson probably didn’t expect one of his hits to be replayed on ESPN just over 2,700 times, but that’s what happens when you put the reigning Heisman Trophy winner out for a month 29 minutes into his season.
On Monday, the BYU linebacker told the Salt Lake Tribune that he was sorry Sam Bradford got injured.
“I really do feel bad, because he’s a great player,” Clawson said. “Sam Bradford is a great player and a good person, too. I feel bad that he got hurt, and I hope he can get back soon. As far as our game, it probably helped us win” because Bradford did not play in the second half.
Clawson said it is the “nature of the beast, playing football,” that players get hurt.
“I am always trying to get big hits, but I am never trying to put anybody out or hurt somebody,” he said.
Clawson mentioned that he received several negative Facebook messages from OU fans, but nothing alarming.
On Monday, coach Bob Stoops announced that Bradford had a third-degree AC joint sprain and would miss 2-4 weeks.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13758Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9630Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9095Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8238Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6533Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6005Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5369Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4740Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4592Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4132Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients