Husky mascot on DL
The Washington canine mascot, Spirit, was placed on the disabled list last week after suffering a recent shoulder injury. According UW, it’s unclear how long the Alaskan Malamute will be unable to perform his duties as Washington’s mascot at Husky football games.
Spirit is reaching the twilight of his career.
The dog was scheduled to retire at the end of this football season. The school expects to announce soon its plans to breed a new mascot.
By Jake Trotter
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients