Signing Day Countdown: ATH Trey Franks
High School: Orange West Orange-Stark (Texas)
Rivals Rank: No. 67 Athlete in the nation
ESPN Rank: No. 53 Athlete in the nation
Breakdown: Franks is a versatile athlete who made a bunch of plays in high school at receiver, defensive back and special teams.
He is one of two players coming in from Orange-Stark, joining DB James Haynes.
At this point, Franks could end up at a number of different spots for the Sooners. But he’s somewhat built in the mode of Ryan Broyles and could end up playing the slot, especially since the Sooners don’t really have anyone else other than Broyles who can play that position well on the roster. A lot of times, Orange-Stark would line Franks in the slot and just throw the ball up to him downfield.
Similar to Broyles, Franks goes up in traffic and brings the ball down a lot in his highlight films.
The bet is that at 5-foot-9, 172 pounds, Franks is probable to redshirt this season; then battle out whoever else to take over for Broyles in the slot. But if he makes plays in the preseason, Franks could earn playing time behind Broyles, especially since the Sooners need to begin grooming another slot receiver other than Mossis Madu, who has had a hard time picking up the position and could eventually be moved back to tailback.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients