Practice report (9-14-09)
The Sooners resumed practice today as they prepare for the dangerous Tulsa Golden Hurricane.
Much of the talk today with Bob Stoops centered around the freshmen infusion. Marcus Trice, Demontre Hurst, Jamarkus McFarland, Jonathan Miller, Ronnell Lewis, Jaydan Bird, Tyler Evans and Javon Harris have all played so far this year.
Stoops said he likes to play true freshmen because they tend to come back better as sophomores, as opposed to redshirt freshmen.
From that group above, there appears to be at least a couple stars.
Other news and notes:
* C Ben Habern said he’s no longer having any issues with the inflamed back. Said he wasn’t sore Saturday, Sunday or today. That’s good news for an offensive line trying to develop continuity.
* Speaking of which, James Patton talked about his o-line tonight. Patton said the reason for all the subbing against Idaho State was to reward groups that led the offense to scoring drives. If a drive stalled out, Patton said he made subs. If they scored, he left the group on the field for another drive. Only Habern and LT Trent Williams played the entire game with the first-team offense.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients