Practice report (9-15-09)
Offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson today basically said that if he plays this year, it will be Saturday. Reynolds is still working with the offense (not the scout team), so there is a chance of this happening.
WR coach Jay Norvell believes Reynolds is close to contributing. How he performs in practice this week could be the determining factor.
Reynolds has tremendous athleticism, great vertical, speed. He’s a little slight, which is one reason for the hesitation in playing him.
Other news and notes:
* Tyler Evans, the freshman guard, was very interesting to talk with. He had the line of the night in regard to last week of practice when he knew he was going to start.
“Adrian (Taylor) threw me down on the first day, and I was like, ‘oh no.’ Then the next day in one on one pass blocking, Gerald McCoy threw me down, and I was like, ‘oh my goodness.’”
Despite the inauspicious beginning, Evans bounced back and had a solid game. Currently, he is pushing for a long-term starting spot at right guard with Stephen Good.
* Bob Stoops pointed out how strong Matt Clapp has been on special teams, particularly special teams.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5124Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5057Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4620UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients