Granger’s return? Unlikely
I’m not a doctor and I prefer the Marriott brand, so not even the Holiday Inn Express gig works for me here. Still, I’ll take a shot at the odds of DeMarcus Granger making it back on the field this season.
Actually, slim would be Granger’s best bet in this instance. But the big fella is, well, a big fella, 302 pounds of big on a 6-foot-2 frame. And that’s a lot of heft weighing down on that sore foot that in deciphering Bob Stoops’ description has a tendon detached from bone.
So while Granger surely wants to return and wants to hold out hope and options — and who could blame him? — chances are we’ll hear that Granger has instead opted for surgery, which is a blow to this team.
The Sooners still have three quality defensive tackles in Gerald McCoy, Adrian Taylor and Cory Bennett. But Granger was a rock inside, a hard-to-budge run stopper who clogged running lanes and occupied two blockers.
Cordero Moore now moves into the rotation, but is likely to only get a small share of Granger’s lost snaps.
The Sooners will rely more on a three-man rotation going forward.
– By John Helsley
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients