Jackson Jeffcoat picks Texas
Defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat, the No. 2 overall recruit in the country according to ESNPU, announced Friday morning that he will sign with Texas.
Jeffcoat had narrowed down his finalists to Texas, Oklahoma and Houston, where his dad is the defensive line coach.
The Sooners brought Jeffcoat in for an official visit over the weekend, and felt good about their chances, since his twin sister, Jacqueline, is scheduled to arrive in Norman in the fall to play for the OU women’s basketball team.
OU coach Bob Stoops and defensive line coach Jackie Shipp followed up Jeffcoat’s official visit by visiting his home in Plano (Texas) West this week.
The Sooners are still hoping to land at least one more player to their 2010 recruiting class, which already has 29 verbal commitments.
The most likely candidate at this point is Dallas Skyline linebacker Corey Nelson, who has been committed to Texas A&M for months, but visited OU along with Jeffcoat last weekend and is giving the Sooners a hard look.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 6186Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5739Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5547Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients