Practice report (9-22-09)
The Sooners resumed practice Tuesday with Sam Bradford’s progression being the focal point of just about everyone. Bradford did about as much as he did Monday, throwing a few short passes and participating in some individual QB drills.
It doesn’t seem like much now. But the big thing to watch will be how Sam progresses throughout the week. If he’s doing the same thing, say, Friday, than I think his chances of playing at Miami are slim. But if his production increases as the week goes along, then his chances of playing are decent.
My guess, based on what he’s been able to do, that Sam is not back until Baylor or Texas. We’ll see.
Other news and notes:
* LB Austin Box was back in practice from a minor back issue. He probably could have played Sat., but trainers recommended he be held out for Tulsa.
* Something that has been overlooked is that Sam Proctor and Quinton Carter have switched positions. Proctor is now the free safety. Carter, who is terrific at helping against the run, is the strong safety. The idea is to get the two playing in the positions they feel more comfortable. Now that Proctor has some experience, d-coordinator Brent Venables felt OK about moving him back to free safety, a position with a bit more responsibility in the vertical pass game. Both played very well in their new/old spots against Tulsa.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims
- 8657Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8525Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7578Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients