Mensik out for a month
Third-string tight end Eric Mensik has a broken ankle and will be out for at least a month, Oklahoma offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson said Tuesday.Mensik suffered the injury in practice during the Sooners’ open week when a teammate fell on his ankle during a blocking drill.The sophomore from Rosenberg, Texas, saw significant action in a 55-14 victory over Washington two weeks ago.Freshmen James Hanna and Trent Ratterree are expected to see more playing time during Mensik’s absence, but only in multiple tight end formations.The Sooners already have two standout tight ends in Jermaine Gresham and Brody Eldridge.“It was a bad deal. We thought Eric played well at Washington,” Wilson said. “It’s unfortunate for him, but luckily we have a little depth there.”By Jake Trotter
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20729Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17578Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11978Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 8989Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8551Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8339Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7784Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4976Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4468Woman arrested on complaint of offering to engage in act of prostitution in Midwest City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients