Practice report (9-28-09): Sam or Landry
The big discussion following Monday’s practice was on Sam Bradford’s recovering shoulder and whether he’ll be able to play at Miami.
Bob Stoops was thrilled:
“You’re going to ask me every day. And I’m not going to tell you. Until I have a feel.”
What I was able to piece together was this: Bradford threw several passes, way more and way longer than he has, but is still not all the way back.
Whether he can by the end of the week without his shoulder falling off will determine his status for Miami. I think those inside the Sooner camp are hopeful. But at this point, no one knows for sure.
Other news, notes:
* Freshman guard Tyler Evans came into the interview room wearing shorts and boots. Had the Cowboy at the Beach look going.
* Ryan Broyles learned his lesson about discussing injured Heisman QBs with the media. Didn’t say a word about Sam today. Other anything else, for that matter. Didn’t even watch Miami-Va. Tech.
* I have no idea what his grades are, but OG Brian Simmons has me thinking he might be the brightest guy on the team. Sharp, funny, polite, knows what he’s talking about. Appreciates college football’s history outside Oklahoma, which is refreshing. I really enjoyed interviewing him today for a story I’m working on for Thursday.
* OL coach James Patton said he’s looking forward to seeing how his unit reacts to a hostile environment. I think this group will play well Sat. and is eager to prove BYU was a fluke. Then again, I said the line would play well against BYU.
* The team had the entire weekend off, including Sunday night. Bradford obviously flew to Alabama. But most of the other guys hung around and watched football.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients