McCoy takes over the No. 1 spot
ESPN’s Todd McShay released his newest mock draft (ESPN Insider), and on top is a bit of a surprise.
The Oklahoma junior defensive tackle grabbed the No. 1 spot from Nebraska’s Ndamukong Suh, who McShay tabbed as the No. 2 pick.
If the pair ends up being the top two picks in the draft, it will be the first time since 1999 that the top two picks played the same position. In 1999, Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb and Akili Smith, all quarterbacks, were the top three picks.
McCoy is one of four Oklahoma players McShay projects to be drafted in the first round.
Other Sooners on McShay’s mock draft:
8. OL Trent Williams, Oakland Raiders.
9. QB Sam Bradford, Buffalo Bills
21. TE Jermaine Gresham, Cincinnati Bengals
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36498Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32022Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 18998Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7837Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6469OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3675College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3601Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3336Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3267Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3222OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients