Murray can jam
The story is well known.
Bob Stoops was visiting Las Vegas to recruit linebacker Ryan Reynolds at Bishop Gorman High School. While there, Stoops saw DeMarco Murray perform an amazing, acrobatic dunk in the school’s gym.
Stoops, reportedly, then and there, told Gorman coach David White (now a graduate assistant at OU) that Murray had a scholarship.
What is not widely known is what kind of dunk Murray performed that dazzled everyone so much.
According to Reynolds, who disclosed the dunk Tuesday, Murray threw the ball over the backboard and bounced it back off the wall underneath the backboard, essentially alley ooping the ball to himself before jamming it home.
“It was pretty cool,” Reynolds said. “(Coach Stoops) had a surprised look on his face.”
By Jake Trotter
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients