Bengals resign former Sooner Roy Williams
Former Oklahoma Sooner great Roy Williams will be in Cincinnati for another season after agreeing to a one-year deal Saturday.
Williams, who will be entering his ninth season, started four games and had 30 tackles with three passes defended, but he missed most of the year due to a recurring forearm injury suffered in Week 3 against Pittsburgh. It was the same forearm he injured in 2008 with Dallas.
Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer was a strong advocate when it came to bringing Williams back. Said Zimmer to the Cincinnati Enquirer during the Scouting Combine: “Roy Williams wants to come back. He’s a good player and played very well. I’m not biased he’s good. He was good until he got hurt. If he does play 17-18 games he’ll be a factor. Whether or not he can do it I don’t know.”
Follow Jake Trotter on Twitter: @Jake_Trotter.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients