Ray Willis no longer part of the team
Ray Willis is apparently no longer a part of the Oklahoma men’s basketball team.
“Its official no longer a sooner, its been real like my man Russell Simons say,” Willis wrote on his Facebook page.
Willis, a 6-foot-6, 165-pound sophomore guard out of Atlanta, appeared in 13 games this past season, averaging 2.6 points a game.
As a freshman, he was sent to emergency room after being stabbed during a fight. According to a police report, Willis was at a private party that was crashed, which led to Willis being attacked with a knife. Due to an abdomen wound, Willis had to stay at a hospital for several days.
After a disappointing 13-18 season and several off-the-court issues, OU coach Jeff Capel is meeting with members of the team this week to determine who will remain part of the program and who will not.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients