Sam Bradford: What to expect
When Bob Stoops finally got around to Sam Bradford during Tuesday’s press conference, he had a hard time keeping his head up. That’s when you knew, Bradford’s season was over.
Tonight, Bradford will officially announce his next step following a re-aggravation of his separation shoulder suffered last weekend against Texas. That announcement is expected to be that Bradford will undergo surgery on his shoulder, effectively ending his junior season.
During tonight’s press conference, Bradford, however, will probably not get into the next step: jump to the NFL or come back for his senior year. And even if he is leaning one way, it would be unwise to make that decision before seeing how the surgery turns out. What if Bradford’s shoulder is slow to heal? What if he doesn’t feel right three months from now? Limiting his decisions now would be a mistake, and the Bradford family knows this.
But at least this will finally put some closure on what has been a nightmare season for the returning Heisman Trophy candidate. And at least now, the Sooners can begin to move on with Landry Jones, who has the pedigree to be a worthy successor.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6778Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6425Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5726How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients